Many people are aware that they are entitled to a free annual credit report from the “big three” agencies. However, what they may not know is that there are literally hundreds of these reporting agencies and you can request a free annual report any one of them.
This is a central directory of all the “other” consumer reporting companies – companies that collect information and provide reports on consumers that are used to decide whether to provide consumers credit, insurance, or employment, and for other purposes.
The store includes both the biggest nationwide credit reporting companies and a longer list of “specialty reporting companies.” Specialty reporting companies focus on certain industries. There are a lot of these companies on the list, so we’re also trying to give tips on which of them may be important to you.
Consumer reporting companies are required to give you a free copy of your consumer report if an adverse action is taken against you based on information in your report from that company, and under other specific circumstances. In addition, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, some consumer reporting companies must provide you with a free copy of your report every 12 months.
- NCTUE Disclosure Report – National Consumer Telecommunications & Utilities Exchange$ 0.00
- Telecheck Free Sample Request Form – TeleCheck Services, Inc.$ 0.00
- Early Warning Service Free Request Form – Early Warning Services$ 0.00
- Certegy Check Services Free Request Form – Certegy Check Services$ 0.00
- LexisNexis RiskView Alternative Data Credit & Risk Report – LexisNexis Risk Solutions Bureau$ 0.00